Instagram

Thursday, February 1, 2007

feels like....

[migrated from livejournal]


graduation! hehehe. just kidding. well, there's a half truth to that. you see, last night, was the night, that i only learned that i am invited to P&G's SEA (Student Excellence Award) - which doubles as a recruitment for their Student Internship Program (SIP). Well, I got excited with the idea and decided to try it out.

I just got the letter/invite/nomination or whatever today at engg admin. Well, I was reluctant at first because there will be an exam this coming saturday and there are so much requirements to pass. well, actually the bulk part is making my resume...but...ive got that covered for the moment. I've already asked my brother to send me a copy of his resume, as well as my dad's so I just have to edit their copies. Come Saturday, I'll be taking up an exam at P&G...

Oh yeah, before anything else, a while ago, I went to BitMicro...and only in that building did I see the advanced hand drier that I only got to see first at Disney Land Hongkong. Hehehe...I got the check for SquEEEze 2007: inTENsified...well, I went there alone...and I wasnt at all intimidated by the fact that perhaps, I was the only student around there and that I may be...you know, all those intimidations people usually feel...but that was from before, I didnt feel any of it. I was like all PR with Maam Tess Zetha. I think it was stupid of me to ask her, if BitMicro does internships as well as company visits...and duh...they are r&d - internship is out of the line because of the confidentiality involved...and visits...well, they limit it i think.

I was supposed to go to Krispy Kreme and see for myself how different Krispy Kreme Philippines is from Krispy Kreme Hongkong. Hehehe, Well, it turns out I didnt go because it was damn hot and my head was nearing a head ache...

Anyway, back to P&G. I decided to try it out, even though it's awfully late. I emailed them this afternoon and already got a reply. They sent me the requirements to fill out etc. =) I'm not really after the SEA. I want to experience the interviews and stuff like that. You know, the things you'll eventually venture out to when you graduate. Plus, the hefty sum of I think 12500 for the summer internship is not that bad. Well, if I go there using the car, then it probably is kind of bad. But, if I do get accepted for the internship, then siguro I'll go all yuppie then just commute to Makati like everyone else...

The only thing that's of concern for me is that for that summer, I have a 6 unit plan so that I can go for the 16 9 unit plan...but what the hell, I can just go for a 19,12 unit plan IF AND ONLY IF I do get accepted for it. Not really expecting anything though...Because, I'll have to juggle that internship with preparation for my thesis. (next sem)...But, if I do get accepted, then I go to work, then visit the lab in the night. Something of that sort.

Anyway, since I don't have that much exams till next week (51 i think) then, I might as well relax and do my resume hehehe..

No comments:

Post a Comment