Instagram

Friday, December 9, 2011

[Repost] Can two things exist in the same space at the same time?

This is a repost from one of my entries written back in college. I can't believe I actually wrote something so perplexing that I actually miss my Quantum Physics class...


************
Just now, lying in bed, the question popped into my mind. Is it possible for two things to exist in the same space at the same time? Well, immediately (since matalino ako. =p pwera usog po), I was able to think of examples that could prove that it is indeed possible.

Theory of Relativity.
From here on, let me just clarify that I am NOT a geek or a nerd. God just gave me a mind that wanders off to a lot of not so relevant things. So getting on, yes, with the theory of relativity...If you consider it as basis in proving your hypothesis that indeed two things can exist in the same space and time; then it can be possible. With the concept of time dilation and length contraction, somehow, as an example, let's say in an observer 1's frame a person b moving at the speed of light can be at a certain position x. But with respect to person b, he may already be at position x+1. Now, if both 1 and b hold clocks to verify their time...(presumption is that both clocks were set to the same time before b moved at the speed of light) then person b may see that the current time is y while the observer sees that in his clock it's y+1. Now, the hypothesis may not exactly be proven, but what I wished to point out in the said example is that, person b sees that he has moved distance x+1 and the time it took him to move that distance is y. On the other hand the observer sees that person b has moved a distance x given the time y+1. But, with respect to the time, the same amount of time has elapsed for observer 1 and person b. So, in the example, person b exists in a space and time different from what observer 1 has seen. So, for their respective frames, it's like they are in separate realities....so if that can be possible, then, it can be possible as well for the hypothesis to be true...it could just be that I have thought of an inappropriate example to prove the hypothesis

EEE.
Another example I thought of was the possibility in some waveform graphs to see two voltage values in a given time. Take for example the square wave. Well I cited that as a means for you to visualize the point im getting at. But, then again, a square wave, to date, is still only a theory. No machine or device can generate a perfect square wave, so the existence of two voltage values in a given time is then lacking when we think of the square wave. But, then, certain circuits can let you achieve this. If you construct a circuit that has x voltage at a certain time, but then, when the circuit switches off, and given the right capacitor (charged very fast) and the right polarity, then in the short instance (i.e 0, 0+ and 0-) the voltage  can then be -x. So, then, when you probe it, you get a sharp edge (right corner). Like at time 0 you get a sudden change from 10 to -10 volts. So you have two voltage values at time 0.

Hahaha. Although...those are just what I think based on what I have learned over the course of 4++ years in college.
I want to know other instances, or instances that come close to allowing for the hypothesis to happen...I mean, like sa sinabi kong example with the capacitor etc etc...I have not tried it yet, pero possibleng may rise time or fall time pa so, hindi talaga siya right corner yung itsura sa graph...pero di kasi ako sure kung kaya nga ba talaga magawang ganun...or mapaabot lang malapit sa ganun na right corner...

"How about you? Got any thoughts on this? Feel free to share them! hehehe...I want to know other instances, or instances that come close to allowing for the hypothesis to happen. Or perhaps, you can site other fields of study or something that comes close to that instance or achieves the said instance."

haaay...finally, i can sleep. Another thing I managed to get off my mind.

************

No comments:

Post a Comment