Instagram

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

CH32.5: I'm back and it's a start.

[Cross posted from my Livejournal with a few minor edits]

Finally, after what, almost 2-3 years, I'm back to blogging.

So many things have happened in my life over the past years.
From working with HP and becoming exposed to SAP - and becoming a SAP Basis Consultant...
To leaving HP due to personal reasons like conflict with a manager and the looming fear of stagnation...
To becoming a bum for about 3 months thinking things through, evaluating whether to change career paths to something very much ECE...
To thinking that if I did shift careers, then that will mean lower pay, and effectively derailing other plans in my life...
Like a target salary for one, or the fact that eventually, my family will migrate elsewhere....
I still dont even know if the eventuality of things is in the US where my sister is staying ... or perhaps New Zealand where my brother is.


But, I don't want to spat out religious stuff, but I believe God has led me the way and I was able to land a job with The Software Factory, Inc...
Where, a lot was learned, and I was back on track to a career, that I didnt really initially choose for myself ... but HP presented.
And well, I was supposed to have typed next that zooming forward to the future...but then I realized that there are things I wish to mention first with regards to TSFI...

It's a great company, under my boss Leo's leadership, there really is a lot to learn and gain from the company if you are pursuing an SAP Basis Career...
Sadly, not everything is perfect, and I think the HR and management could learn to model the operations such that employees benefit in the long term...think of it as loyalty and tenure and stuff like that....
I wouldnt have left TSFI if the current opportunity and project i have did not come along...
TSFI, in my ~10 months of stay there has nurtured my knowledge on the produc that I am supporting, as obvious as it is, SAP.

But, now zooming forward and cutting the blah blahs short, December of last year (2010), an opportunity presented itself when one of my colleagues in HP, now in IBM SG, told me there was an opening in IBM.

Not many people know of this, but in all honesty, I have plotted it in my career that on my 5th year of working (back then it was like: on my 5th year of working whichever career, I want to work in Singapore or anywhere abroad, but when I landed in an IT work - SAP Basis Engineer/Consultant, I've plotted to work with IBM SG).

Dreams are just that, dreams. Mostly a cynic, I did not really expect to land the job and now work for IBM SG.
But I did. And so here I am, back to blogging.

But I feel awful not having updated my livejournal blog for so long, so I've decided to move a new blog.
Cliche, a new beginning.

http://tipzstamatic.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment