Instagram

Thursday, March 3, 2011

CH34: Downpour


The photo above was taken while I was in a taxi on my way to work.

March 3, 2011 - was the day I woke up, well, late. It was already 1:50 PM when I woke up. And I had work at 2.
There really was no problem setting up my laptop at home, connecting, and proceeding to work on anything that may need immediate attention. Thankful there wasnt any serious matters at first, just a few transport, so I was able to get into the shower and get ready for work.

At about 2:30 pm, I was ready to leave for the office. But then I got a call from the DCOPS team regarding a certain customer's problem with Control-M job. Argh. Jaffar is his name and he's quite the customer.

Anyway, I was able to leave the house by around 3pm and left thinking that hopefully this time, I won't have as much trouble getting a taxi. Oh boy, was I wrong.

It was about 10 minutes of desperate standing and calling for taxis, I don't know, I'm starting to think our place is not an ideal hub to wait for taxis. Then suddenly, there was a downpour! After about 20-30 minutes, I still wasnt able to get a taxi. I tried calling twice for a taxi pickup, but I think there was a mix up on my address or perhaps the fact that there was extremely low visibility that I was not able to get a taxi.

Sometime after about 40 minutes of waiting, I was deciding to get back to the house to check on some issues that came in during my wait. Lo and behold, there was a taxi waiting near the lobby of the house, it was just dropping off some Napis. I rushed and ran and got soaking wet! But when I got to the taxi, the driver tells me that his shift is over so I can't ride along.

In frustration, I went back home. Undressed, and worked for a bit. After about 10-15 minutes, I realized that I havent eaten anything for the day and I will need to get out of the house and preferrably work in the office. So I did, I got dressed again, new polo, new pants... what a waste of laundry. This time I called for the third taxi.

While dressing up, I got a call that the taxi has arrived. I rushed and got another call from the driver himself. How embarassing, I was about to be reprimanded that it shouldnt be the case of a driver following up with a customer, but I explained my situation jokingly, and he understood thankfully enough.

I gave him a tip once I got to the office. Life.

1 comment: