Instagram

Monday, February 27, 2012

CH68: Dreams

It's been a long time since I had any sort of vivid dream. Last night was weirdly surreal yet appropriate on several aspects:

0. It's not as clear in my memory now, but it was a dream about being in a family (same family as I have now) business of killing monsters. This ushered in the next dream sequence

1. I dreamt that my nephew who was already around 18 years old in the dream got tattooed, and everyone in the family was okay with it. I had a dramatic scene where I was shouting at my mom dissing and expressing my disdain that they are okay with my nephew getting a tattoo but they won't allow me to get one.

-I woke up after this dream sequence. Looked at the time and saw that it was only 5:40 am. Naturally, I put my sleep mask back on and went to sleep - with Ladytron playing in the background. Avicii's tracks are not exactly lullaby worthy.

2. The second dream sequence, I was in a bank. I think the transaction I needed was a money transfer or something from one account to the another. It wasn't weird in any way during the dream, until there was the appearance of one of my colleagues back from HP. I was shocked because he was working in a bank - and I was wondering why he transferred from such a lucrative career in SAP to become a bank teller. What shocked me was when I saw all the acne covering his face to the point it looked like he was molting. The dream sequence zoomed in on his face and I woke up.

-I woke up and saw that it was 8:57. I should have been awake an hour and a half before that time since I've been trying to make good with my promise not to ride a taxi going to work  lessen the number of times I ride a taxi to work.

So, now I'm in the office and I decided to research what the dreams could have meant:


To dream that you have tattoos represent your sense of individuality and the desire to stand out in a crowd. You want to be unique and different from everybody else, particularly if you do not have any tattoos in real life. Consider also what the tattoo is and what significance it has in your life. It may represent something that has left a lasting impression on you. Alternatively, to dream that you have a tattoo suggests that a waking situation or decision is having a much longer lasting effect that you had expected. 
To dream that you are a tattoo artist suggests that your exotic tastes and strange experiences may turn off those around you. If you are a tattooist in real life, then the dream is just a reflection of who you are.

To see a bank in your dream denotes your desires for financial security. The dream may be trying to offer reassurance and that your fears of financial instability are unfounded.
To dream that you are robbing a bank signifies that you are expending too much energy and are in danger of depleting your inner resources. Alternatively, it indicates that money that is due to you is being delayed. 



Given the things that are about to happen career wise, the dreams seem appropriate. I should be blogging about it once everything is official.

For now, I leave you with one of the (hmmm I'm finding it hard to find the best adjective) ?tragic? love songs but in a feel good twist.






No comments:

Post a Comment