Instagram

Monday, April 16, 2012

CH85: High Up

  
The picture above was taken from the 43rd, hmmm maybe 45th or no, I think it was the 50th floor of the client's office that I am working in right now. The building is Marina Bay Financial Center Tower 2. And the client is BHP Billiton.

Time has gone by so quickly. It's been a week already since I started working here. I'm not going to say anything about the work - like how I enjoy it so much, how I look forward to working here, or how I'm sure I'm staying here long. I've said those things before and they weren't really true. Hahaha. I think I must have "usog" or spoke too soon and preempted things. Or I think it's also party because this is already my 5th employment since being in the industry exactly 4 years now.


"Something has changed within me, something is not the same."

While running a 10k route last night, I realized that for the first time on my birthday, I didn't ask or expect to get any gifts. Last year, I was asking this and that, but for this year, well, nothing. It just didn't occur to me that I need or want anything. If there's anything I had in mind of wanting to get, it/they were items I wanted to buy myself. (Only 1 item on that list right now - a new Doc Marten's boots).

When my friend asked me what my birthday wish is, I had a hard time thinking of exactly what. I had to come up with a measly answer of - more travel? Perhaps, it's a coming of age thing, I don't know. But I think I've reached an age or a mentality of "maturity." Or maybe, I've elevated myself to a different plain of consciousness? There's just this satisfaction - perhaps caused by the endorphins being released by my new found active lifestyle.

I'm thankful that I am a point in my life where I'm satisfied with where I am. Happiness just abounds not because of anything external. I am also thankful for the experience to be independent. I've been working here in SG for over a year now, and I think I more than just manage living alone. To say that I flourish in that independence seems unfair (to some people like my mom for example), but that's about the best way I can think of to describe how my experience in SG has changed me.

Repeating my mantra for this year as well: "If I need to think up of a reason not to do something - that means I should probably be doing it. Minimize excuses."

No comments:

Post a Comment