Instagram

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Unlike me.

[migrated from livejournal]


I spent the night of April 13, doing what Catholics call "Bisita Iglesia."

A friend, Andrew invited me to it, and so I decided to tag along. I told myself, "it's kinda boring staying home, this can be a great Cultural Experience!" And...quite frankly it was. I had no regrets at all, parang naging joy ride na nga ata yun eh.

First stop: 
Sto. Domingo Church. (This is the place where FPJ was displayed for the Public.) My comment regarding the church was that their stained glasses were so cool! hahaha! Well, trust me, they are cool.

UST Church. Boring! Heheh, well, I speak of the church interiors. It didnt even look like a church outside. I thought the admin buliding was the church. It was so crowded. I was shocked when I saw people walking in without any footwear on. Grabe. Nagulat ako. Pero of course wala namang prejudice, more like sympathy.

Manila Cathedral. Whoa! This church looked so cool! I mean, the place itself! On regular days it's airconditioned! It's centralized airconditioning!!!! And, the architecture! Woah! Sobrang astig!

San Agustin. Hehehe, walking distance from Manila Cathedral...I thought the interior was mediocre. Heheh, that's in the sense na pintura yung design trying to create the illusion that it was engraved/carved out of the cement. But one thing that caught my eye...err...there were so many chandeliers! And they hung low compared to the typical ones you see in English manors or something.

Shrine of Jesus, beside SM MALL OF ASIA. Wow! Kumikinang sa liwanag! The outline of the church had lights along it! I mean, if you have been to rockwell and seen the buildings with outlines lit up, you'd know what I mean. Grabe ang ganda rin sa loob. Sobrang modern yung dating. =)

UA&P Church/altar. Hmm, pagpasok ko palang sa loob sabi ko...huh ano yun andrew incense? Sabi niya, flowers daw...err...Ang ganda rin ng chapel ehhehe pero di ko napansin exactly san dun yung gold plated part. heheh...pero ang ganda rin. Opus Dei naman daw pala kasi.

Last Stop:
Hahah, yung sa Samar Street na Opus Dei retreat house. Very near ABS compound. Nakita ko si SIR TOLENTINO!!! AHHHH!!! Kaya naman pala niya ako nagreet ng happy birthday last April 11 dahil kay Andrew! Hahah. Ayun. Nakita ko si sir na nakapantulog. May nakilala rin akong akala ko Chinese, Filipino pala na lumaki sa HongKong at may british accent. Si Leon. Anyway, dun yung last stop kasi I was promised 7 churches to visit.

So what did I pray about? Well, I won't elaborate pero out of the 7 stops we had, I juggled the order of my prayer between ORG, ACAD, FAMILY, FRIENDS and SELF. =)

Medyo fulfilling din yung experience. I think I just might do it again next year. Pero gusto ko ivisit yung mga hindi ko pa navisit before. To say the least, the experience reinforced my faith...

And so, prior to going to this, I watched Battle Royale II! Hahah. Massacre extreme! Walang censor censor. Pero sadly, part II na siya. Maghahanap nga rin ako nung part I. Mas okay yata yung extremity.

Haay...Finally rin meron na akong text nonstop!!! Naactivate ko siya sa UST are na banda! Nung sa Sto. Domingo wala pa eh.

Anyway, siyempre nagusap usap din kami nung kaibigan kong yun. Heheh, catching up catching up. Heheh, since di ko siya nayaya sa birthday celebration ko nasabi ko nalang na, eh nagpapakaHOLY ka kasi masyado and since Holy Week isip ko di na kita yayain. Hahaha...

buti pa siya naipit lang sa cum laude and magna yung position ako cum laude or miss the opportunity. Haay...

Grabe. Ang dami ko pang gagawin!
IRC mini project
CKT FOPC
IRC project (for Chem Engg). Prereq: IRC mini project
many more!

Haay...ang masasabi ko lang, KUNG hindi lang nagiwan ng napakalaking utang si ROse sa akin...Masaya pa siguro ako ngayon at nakakahinga na mabuti.

No comments:

Post a Comment