Instagram

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

[Review] Amy Winehouse

Like before, I posted on Adele. I think it is only appropriate that I post something for Amy Winehouse.


This one is from her posthumous album. I've been listening to it since getting it from Itunes new zealand (used GCs I got). The more I listen to it, the more I feel affected with the lost in talent. Her death may have put an end to any Amy Winehouse jazz-soul sound, but it did establish her as an institution (well, for me it did).

The reason I started listening to Amy Winehouse, before she even won her grammies was a review I heard/read somewhere that there wasnt any auto tuning or whatever technology that was applied to her record. What you hear on her album is unedited and raw. I'm not 100% sure that the information I heard was accurate, but, it did get me listening to her.

I highly recommend getting her posthumous album. If you're already over Adele's album, this is a great replacement. Although Adele's album is still I go back to from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment