Instagram

Monday, April 7, 2014

CH216: Salad Creations

Update:
I didn't realize I've had more entries on cooking till I actually checked the entries tagged with the label: cooking.
1. Beef Salpicao with onions, sauteed carrots and blanched brocolli
2. Rockets. Cherry tomatoes. Crushed cashew. Pan fried honey mustard chicken. Goat cheese
3. Stuffed bell peppers with tuna and cheese
4. Honey-mustard-BBQ-garlic Beef + Capsicum
5. Citrusy Salmon with Broccoli Side
6. pasta with Sisig, pork sausage (3 meats simmered in white wine), cheese, capsicum, tomatoes and carrots

So now, we have an entry below for 7, 8, 9 and 10! :)

-----

I decided a couple of days back to try and eat healthier before I go to Europe. Not that it will have any immediate effect with me losing more weight to look my best in pictures, but I did it just for the fun of it. I always thought cooking is a means to be creative.

Since I moved in to a new flat with friends, there's not as much restriction in terms of cooking - actually there's none at all. So, for the past lunches and dinners, I made up the following.


Dinner 1
Chopped chicken fillets over a bed of rockets, carrots and a copious amount of goat cheese (my favorite). I drizzled it lightly with virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar


Lunch 1
I woke up late after sleeping for 12 hours. Since it was way past breakfast I decided to make:
Chicken fillet over a bed of red coral lettuce with diced carrots and apple with creamy Caesar dressing


Lunch 2:
Chicken fillet with a side salad comprised of rockets, carrots and grapes with goat cheese, EVO and balsamic vinegar


Dinner 2:
This one was thought of after watching Hannibal. I initially wanted to get asparagus and wrap it smoked salmon.

Smoked salmon wrap - inside of which is goat cheese and capsicum. I wanted to mix up the texture with something crunch and given fair price didn't have asparagus, I had to find an alternative. It was served over a bed of green lettuce and tomatoes and carrots. There's a dressing of creamy Caesar but the salad was lightly drizzled with EVO and balsamic vinegar.

This is the prelude of course to more complicated dishes haha jk. I'm trying to be creative in as much as I don't want to refer to any cookbook or recipe. I mean, if those people can do it, why can't i? I like experimenting with what's in the fridge. I would have stocked up more but I'll be away for 10 days in Europe and I wouldn't want my ingredients to be ... Not fresh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment