Instagram

Monday, June 5, 2006

thunder, rain, domino logic

[migrated from livejournal]


When I just heard thunderclaps today, I realized that when I was a kid (exactly what age I don't recall) I was afraid of thunder. I recall shuddering at one of the staircases of the condominium we used to lived in when thunderclaps came. And that I'd run as fast I can to our house when the loud sounds subsided.

And then it got me thinking, when did I overcome that fear? I remember that my mom told me that those sounds are just the sounds of God and the angels playing bowling in heaven. Hahaha. Yeah, go on. Laugh. But, I am not exactly sure if that childish lie did the trick to rid me of my fears of thunder. All I can say is that, I did overcome that fear.

Why do I say that? Because if I didn't, then I would not have experienced playing in the rain. Oh how I remember the childish stupidry I had gone through when I was a kid. My friends and I played tag, we played basketball, we played hide and seek while it rained. I also remember how cold I was after each shower in the rain that's why after playing or whatever it was I did, my mom always prepared a hot bath for me. Oh good old childhood memories.

Next comes the question, when did I stop playing in the rain? Hahaha, the answer is not as stupid as you may think. At some point, when the rain was strong (back when I was a kid - if you got lost in my storytelling), I wanted to play in it obviously, after seeing my friends do so. (Yep, that's just so me...full of envy) But one of my siblings (can't remember if it was my sister or brother, but I lean on the thought of my sister) told me not to. I of course had a tantrum (the best argument a child could give - hahah, well that's what I thought so before). And then she (I am assuming it was indeed my sister) showed me her notebook and allowed me to read her notes (I knew how to read by then so maybe I was 5 or 6, to which my sister would have been 15 or 16). It was about...acid rain. After reading it, I was, of course, bedazzled. And then she explained. And I accepted (well, at first there was hesitation of course). So after that, I never really recall playing in the rain again for fears of my skin getting corroded. Hahaha. Childish thoughts indeed.

=)

----------------------
just a side:

I can now feel the tremendous responsibility that awaits me for the coming sem. I mean, duh, money matters have never been as serious as I thought they should be. If I was the only person concerned with the money then it would have been fine. I have my parents and my siblings to back me up on that. But for this case, it's an organization. UP CIRCUIT. 100+ members will need to be quenched (figuratively speaking of course)

So...I guess that's it. I could type a more elaborate account of my experiences for the past...I dont know 2 or 3 weeks (sorry for the lame entries prior to this) but I just dont have the leisure to do so.

Now...back to work.

FYI: I went to Quiapo with my mom last saturday and bought lots of DVDs. Including Desperate housewives, to which, I am through to it's second season. So, that tantamounts to 10-12 hours of nonstop viewing. (Which I did a while ago. I only got to bed 7:45 when I knew watching D.H wives would be in vain since I was too tired to even listen.

Okay.

Seriously.

Back to work.

PS: I plan on buying a fax machine to make my work as the Finance Committee Head easier. Oh well...goodbye to my emergency money. Now it will be just about half the amount. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment