Instagram

Sunday, May 22, 2011

[Review] Insidious



Only now do I realize what the word means, do I get to appreciate the movie more. It was scary, bits and pieces reminded me of paranormal activity. It was a little stupefying by the mid-3/4 of the movie. Astral Projection? Hahaha. Spoiler. But, it was a fun movie in a sort of oh shit kind of way.

If you get the chance to see the movie, then go. I wasn't disappointed. The ending, I didn't expect. But, the male lead, as with paranormal activity, was a tad bit predictable. The sort of alpha male type who does not listen to the wife and tends to be pessimistic and a realist in these types of movies, that are beyond being realistic.

I got a good scare watching the movie, actually, quite a lot of scares. I didn't even feel embarrassed having to cover my ears in parts where I didn't want to get a jolt from shock. It was fun really. I would rate it 8/10. There were parts in the movie where comedic scenes were inserted, but I think, they did good to lighten up the movie, and stir it to somewhere less predictable, but it also added the cheese factor - which well, I don't appreciate. So, it's a double edge there.

No comments:

Post a Comment