Monday, December 15, 2008

CH23: You and I collide

[migrated from livejournal]

Here's a brief background before I get to the story telling.

Thursday 1:00 pm:
     Fell asleep after NA shift. I had to finalize our reservations for our palawan trip this coming friday.
Thursday 7:30 pm:
     Woke up too late. I was planning to watch The Day the Earth Stood Still showing at 7:40 pm at Trinoma.
Thursday 10:00 pm:
     Decided to watch The Day the Earth Stood Still
Friday 5:00 - 5:30 am:
     Fell asleep at last.
Friday 7:30 am:
     Woke up too early. Was planning to wake up around 9:30 am before going to the office.
Friday 12:00 nn:
     Arrived at the office...did office work

---Christmas party. No need to elaborate.

Friday 12:00 nn:
     Left Loreland without any sleep.
Friday 1:30 - 2:00 pm:
     Dropped officemates at Gateway.

Friday 2:30 pm: YOU AND I COLLIDE. On my way inside Shell Congressional to get myself a drink (I was craving for some iced tea). A bike hit the part of our car which was above the right wheel fender.

The story starts right here.

So a few seconds before the collision, "kelangan mo kasi mag u-turn to get into shell which was on the other lane..." there were no cars or bikes or motorcycles whatever on the lane where I was in. I slowed down to 10kph to turn right into shell as I looked right to where I was going into shell, I quickly noticed that there was a bike beside me already. So I stopped the car wherein the same moment, the bike hit the side of my car (It was their bike that hit the car). I wasnt the one that hit them based on the marks left on the car.

The rubber handle of their bike left dash marks on the side of the car which meant they were the ones that hit me. Because if I was the one that hit them first, there would not have been dash marks, perhaps just an imprint and they would have been thrown off the bike the moment i hit them. But they just made "semplang" and fell over. Probably because of how fast they were going (it was downhill before the shell station), the guy riding the bike was thrown off balance and hit the ground. The lady riding behind him toppled over with the bike.

I went off immediately to check how they were doing. Called my mom to explain what happened. I assumed at that point that it was my fault. "Siyempre...sila nasaktan so I immediately assumed the blame was on me."

After confirming that they were okay (a.k.a they were still breathing and not dead), I went inside the car to get it out of the street and parked at Shell Select. Went inside to hopefully buy them drinks, but when I looked out, there were already crowds of people ("wala pang 5 minutes nun ah!"). There were about 3 tricycles there gathered around them. So I was stunned. I didnt want to go out to them any longer as I don't want to be ganged up on. "Ang daming usi and I assumed that they were sulsuleros as well..." So I told the lady at the counter of Shell Select that I want to speak with their manager...

blah blah blah

The next thing I know, there was already a police on his motor. The police's name was Abet, and I was told by the shell manger that he's - Abet - was on his way home, and probably stopped over to check why a crowd was gathering.

blah blah blah

Abet called a traffic police or something to come over and look into the issue (Shet. "Lumaki pa lalo"..."nakahanda na yung 500 pesos ko sana para masettle.) Around this time, my mom and dad were already on their way.

blah blah blah

My parents arrived around 10 minutes after the traffic police came. "Grabe ah! Mukhang excon yung dumating." I even saw a tatoo on his arm, to which, he asked the manager of shell to help him tie a hanky over it "kasi raw masakit." Very suspicious. "O baka naman siguro nahihiya lang siya kasi nga mukha siyang ex-con tapos may tatoo." Actually...I saw a number 20 on the tatoo...which made me raise an eyebrow on his integrity.

Anyway, my parents finally arrived and it was decided that we should take them to a government hospital (the closest one was the Quezon City General Hospital - around the munoz area). So we brought them there to get them first aid (actually, only for the lady that had a bruise on both her ankle area and several "gasgas").

I fell asleep for about 20 minutes in the car after waiting for about 40 minutes in the car.

After, we went to the station where the traffic police is located to settle things and finally get my license which Abet at first took and handed over to the ex-con traffic police.

"Grabe! Tumutubo pa yung mga police run ah! Usap usap inside the station...they asked us to photocopy some documents that we filled up (which were in tagalog - "isip isip ko baket kelangang tagalog lang form walang english? ang arte nila ah. tapos may sign pa sila sa pinto na 'PLEASE CLOSED SLOWLY')...there were 6 documents and the guy there said that they need five copies...each copy costs 2 pesos...go figure....(the photocopier was not even 10 feet away from where the man was seated)..."tumutubo amputa!"

After that part was done, the man hinted that we need to have those papers notarized "na 200 daw aabutin" which my mom interrupted him and said that both parties were ready to "desist" (not sure if that's the correct spelling)...type type goes the guy in charge and had the two injured parties sign after we were asked to photocopy six copies...more kita. We also had to pay 200 for the notarization (which I dont think they will have notarize since desist na)

blah blah blah.

Finished going through the hassle...On our way out, we bought the woman injured betadine and pain relievers (as prescribed in her prescription from the hospital)...When we were near shell...I heard my mom counting leaves of money...after which I heard her say..."Eto oo...2000...pasensiya na sa abala."

GRABE!!!! My mom told me after everything "na sobrang bilis daw kinuha nung guy yung pera."
To which, I thought...opportunist! Shet! I hate them.

But, I'm no longer angry at them...only with the traffic police and their "kumikitang kabuhayan"...
The injured party "nga pala" lives in Commonwealth...narra street?

After we got home around 6:00pm already...I wanted to sleep badly! I was still on NA shift that night and I have to wake up around nine....I also thought sometime then..."Sana mahold up kayo at makuha sa inyo yang 2k!" Hahaha...But I did not exactly mean it. I was just thinking, "hindi na sila nahiya...yung parang pag bibigyan ka ng pera...sasabihin mo...ay wag na po...okay lang po...pero sila ang bilis ng kamay kunin yung pera!"

Anyway...Merry Christmas to them.

The lesson learned in this case...I really really admire my Mother.
During these times, she showed total authority to things...while I just kept silent (because "pagod").
She had a powerful namedrop to give - Judge Yadao - her boss...
So I guess, that's also what I wish to become next year.

Get to have more connections.
It's time I participate in our country's POWER PLAY.
Having connections give you the confidence to deal with such matters such as MMDA, etc etc.
In the little number of instances I have been caught by MMDA due to minor problems, and my mom was in the car with me, we are always to get through "with pakiusap." Of course, my mom's the one who's doing the talking.

Woke up around 930 am and was picked up by the shuttle to work.
My life - with what? - no sleep.
Welcome to my world.'s you that collided - not I.

No comments:

Post a Comment