Instagram

Sunday, August 3, 2008

CH11: Wish

[migrated from livejournal]


Wish list: 
1 pair of sneakers 
5 t shirts / polo shirts 
1 casual pants (that's lighter than the jeans i have) 
budget: xx pesos 

So, who's up for a shopping spree? Luckily, my last month's excess expenditures were balanced out by the HP flex ben as well as the shift premiums I gathered...then, PAY DAY come August 8 + shift premium(s). Finally! Extra money for unecessary expenses. Hmm..well, not really. I need new clothes. I'm bored with my clothing choices...One cabinet = polo and polo shirts while the Other cabinet = org shirts, oversized shirts, shirts that don't fit, shirts that now fit (after losing 5kg due to 'pangangayat sa trabaho') 
-to which,  
On top of the wish list - Weight Loss. HAHAHAHA. 

Oh yeah, the extra money also came from the fact that I closed my BDO atm account. WHICH REMINDS ME. 

Hold on. Here's the story. 
So, I decided one day, along with my mom after we went to 2 show rooms (the names of which I won't tell for the sake of my next entry)..then after to go to Megamall, where I have opened my BDO account. 

So there we were...waiting in line. OH! It's our turn next. 
I handed over the form I filled up to close my account. (We were standing up because the counter was high and there was actually no where to sit - again, mostly due to the fact that the counters were high). 

Then, immediately - as it is very noticeable about how unsure the teller was - we noticed that the teller was new. Not meaning to be against new hires (as i was as well) - but, she was guided by her colleague. 

So my mom and I patiently awaited for her to finish what she was doing and be present to answer whatever question she had or task that she might ask of us. 

She handed us over the form. "Sir, pafill up po ng reason regarding the closure of account." 
My answer - "Okay - then I write down. 'to transfer account to SM North Branch" 
Teller: "Thank you" 
Her colleague then proceeds to tell her that she would need to have their manager sign it. 

Okay...it was about 20-30 minutes since we arrived. 

Then...it took her about 3-5 minutes to get back. Then she tells us: 
Teller: "SIR PAINTAY LANG PO, KUMAKAIN PA NG LUNCH SI MA'AM" 
Then I was silenced for a minute. 
Then I looked around to see how quickly the other people behind us had finished their transactions and had already left...I saw their motto: "We find ways." 

Then I looked back and almost said: "HA? Anong kumakain? Ang tagal tagal na naming naghihintay dito. CLOSING OF ACCOUNT LANG YAN. We find ways? More like we find excuses!" 
But luckily her colleague proceeded to tell her, that she can distrub their manager. (OBVIOUSLY! You are customer facing professionals. SO BE PROFESSIONALS!) 

Then she went back to us after a minute then told me to fill up another form. Then when I filled up the form, I wrote under the reason for the closure. "Transferring account to BPI!" (With the exclamation included). 

Then after 45 minutes in all - we left the bank. 
I wish that teller the best of luck and hopefully, she learned something from the experience. 
if you're going to work for a company that prides itself with "We Find Ways." Then you better be prepared to FIND WAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment