Instagram

Friday, March 18, 2011

CH36: Independence

There's not much to being independent.

You do your own laundry, iron your clothes ... well, for my cause, I don't need to clean the CR/toilet or wash the dishes - the landlord seems to volunteer himself to.

But, well, like I said, there's not much to living by yourself. I feared before of having to go through major adjustments, but, nothing of the sort really came my way.

Before, when I miss having to wake up or turning my alarm off, my mom would be there to make sure I was out of bed. But, well that's not really a major adjustment, but a minor convenience. Of that sort, well, I haven't had any trouble with it. Well, waking up on time, can be a problem, but only when I'm not on shift ... blah blah ... i don't want to go into the details of work. But let's get back on the topic.

The thing about independence though that struck me, is the kind of discipline living independently teaches you. There's something to learn about having to wash your clothes, iron them, budget your time, budget your money. I don't regret my decision one bit of going to Singapore to work. I believe, that so far that I have stayed here, well, there have been a lot of learnings - both with career and personal growth.

There are a lot of things I miss in the Philippines, but I just attribute those to changes that we need to adapt to.

So yes, I can safely say, that by the time I turn a quarter of a century old, that, I am fully satisfied with how my life is going, and I can only be more than happy to look forward to what's next to come.

I mentioned in a previous post, that I don't know or can't even begin to imagine where I'll be 5 years from now, but those are variables, that need not be fussed over. Like I told a friend, we're still young and there's a lot to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment